SALKANTAY TO MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS
The famous Salkantay Trek (or Salcantay Trek), named among the 25 best Treks in the World, by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine, is a trek open to everybody. We are tour operators in Cusco and our prices are more comfortable than other travel agencies or vendors of travel services.
- Total distance 15 km (aprox. )
- Estimated walking time 7 - 7 hours
- Maximum altitude point 3,800 m (aprox.)
- Campsite altitude 3,800 m (aprox.)
- Total distance 19 km (aprox. )
- Estimated walking time 8 - 9 hours
- Maximum altitude point 4,650 m (aprox.)
- Campsite altitude 2,750 m (aprox.)
- Total distance 16 km (aprox. )
- Estimated walking time 6 - 7 hours
- Maximum altitude point 2,750 m (aprox.)
- Campsite altitude 1,600 m (aprox.)
Day 1 - CUSCO / MOLLEPATA TREK / SORAYPAMPA
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Mollepata where we start our Salkantay trek . As soon as we are at mollepata while you have breakfast the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) - just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa, our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco.
Day 2 - SORAYPAMPA / CHAULLAY OR COLLPAPAMPA / MIGHTY SALKANTAY
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here. After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second Salkantay Trek camping spot of chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
Day 3 - CHAULLAY / LA PLAYA / SAHUAYACO (CLOUD FOREST)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place horses will go back to Mollepata on taking the same Salkantay Trek .so we Take a local car to get Hydroelectric station to start walking 2 more hours by taking the railrodad to Aguas Calientes.
Day 4 - AGUAS CALIENTES / MACHU PICCHU
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
|Price USD per person||$440||$410||$360||$340||$320|
|Price USD per person||$380||$350||$300||$280||$260|
WHAT IS INCLUDED AND NOT
SALKANTAY TO MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Profesional bilingual tour guide and Assistant Guide (for groups of 10 or more people).
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Bus to Mollepata (trailhead)
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo or Cusco) something important about the train ,you must know that this is not Peruvian Company. So we can not choose the times of leaving from aguas calientes .they sell the train back tickets if there are spaces in the trains that's why it is much better to go to the train station to buy the latest train with you.
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Food: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- Cook, 2-people tents
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. Chairs and tables).
- Sleeping mattresses note ( if you want to hire some comfortable air mattress it also can be hired from us)
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 1 night accommodation in a hostal Aguas Calientes
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance fee to Salkantay National Park (30 soles or 10 dollars) in case you are going to be required tickets.
- Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in agues calientes.
- Entrances to the hot spring waters ( Santa teresa (5 soles ) Aguas calientes(10 soles).
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us) if you want to hire sleeping bag we don't ask for any deposit.
- Bus ticket from Aguas calientes to Machu Picchu (optional) $12 dolars round trip ( one way 6 dolars and you can buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station).
- Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport and International Student card (ISIC) if applicable.
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors)
- Water proof jacket / rain poncho
- T-shirts, comfortable trousers, sun hat
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Sun protection cream (factor 30 recommended)
- Insect repellent 15% of deet at least
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Shorts pants and flashlight
- Plasters and bandages
- Sandals Bathing suit (for hot springs in aguas calientes)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping guide and for any emergency
If you are interested in any of the tours we have on offer then simply E-mail us at info@CUSCO-PUNO.com Please indicate which tour you are interested in and we will send you the relevant trip dossier outlining the itinerary indetail along with availability, price, terms and conditions. If however you are interested in a tailor-made tour then please complete the questionnaire indicating your interests, trip requirements, proposed travel dates and any other relevant information. For all other inquiries please do not hesitate in contacting us.